Due to time constraints and the general chaos of work/school, coupled with a massive existing pile of review books, I'm no longer accepting self-published books. Thank you for your understanding. (I will not respond to these requests, as it is stated in my review policy.)
I will gladly accept requests from authors, publishers, and publicists to read and review contemporary, fantasy, and paranormal YA books. I will accept ARCs and/or finished copies of books. I do have an e-reader, so I'll be glad to accept e-book copies as well! I am also willing to hold author interviews and guest posts, as well as participate in blog tours.
- Makeshift Bookmark was born in September 2010.
- As of May 2, 2012, I have 873 GFC followers and 967 Feedburner subscribers.
- From April 1, 2012 - May 1, 2012, I had 2996 unique visitors and 7049 page views
I am extremely passionate about reading and will provide honest, constructive reviews of books. I tend to be an emotional reader, so I review in first-person, because that allows me to convey the full extent of my enthusiasm. I like to incorporate humor into the review, whether positive or not-so-positive, as well. I post reviews on both my blog as well as GoodReads.
I do have a full-time job, as well as being a full-time student, but I make time for my blog and reading. As far as review books, the books that I have requested will take priority over all other books (this includes books with an expiration date, like those on NetGalley or GalleyGrab.) The same can be said for a book that I'm reading for a blog tour. Accepting a pitch does not guarantee a review. Please understand that every book is not for every reader, and I will not finish a book in which I have little to no interest. If I find myself unable to finish a book due to lack of interest, I will provide a fair explanation as far as why I could not finish. I will also include links to other bloggers' positive reviews of said book.
Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns. I can be reached at MakeshiftBookmark (at) gmail (dot) com and will return emails as soon as possible.
Thank you for your interest!
Since everyone loves to win, I happily host giveaways for my readers! I do have a few general guidelines, as follows:
1. All entrants must be 13 years of age or older (honor system here, guys.)
2. I will notify the winner(s) via e-mail.
3. I will contact you via e-mail for your mailing address. Please do not post it publicly.
4. I am not responsible for lost items.
5. I reserve the right to disqualify any entrant at my personal discretion.
6. I will send out prizes as soon as possible. If you don't have it within 30 days, please contact me.
And to put your mind at ease:
1. I neither collect nor distribute personal information.
2. Emails, last names will not be posted on the blog. I encourage you to use a unique alias for when I post the winner announcement on the blog.
Please avoid publicly using highly identifiable information on the site (e.g. last names, addresses, telephone numbers, social security numbers, etc.) for your own personal safety, as I have no control over who views public information on the site. This does not include contest forms.
Though my blog is relatively clean, I would suggest an age of 13+ to view the content.
Other than that, I hope you enjoy your time at Makeshift Bookmark :)